7-day anti-cellulite diet
Say farewell to orange peel with our 7-day anti-cellulite diet.
As much as we love summer it does come with a few drawbacks – number one, the pressure of looking seriously hot in your bikini. Summer is the biggest time of the year when self-confidence can take a thrashing. In fact a study by high street clothing chain New Look discovered that women feel least confident when wearing a bikini on the beach, followed closely by stripping off poolside.
There’s one big reason our self-esteem plummets at the sight of a bikini – the big C word – cellulite. The orange peel effect is a result of a whole range of factors from poor circulation to low levels of collagen and tends to accumulate on areas of the body where we are prone to storing fat, (hello spongy thighs and tum!). Fortunately, between slimming creams, a smart exercise routine and best of all a balanced diet, you can beat lumps and bumps and flaunt super-smooth skin all summer long.
To get you started we’ve put together a lymph-boosting, cellulite-blasting seven-day diet based on skin-loving foods to nourish your body from within. Bye bye bumps!
THE DIET RULES
1. Sip a cup of hot water with lemon every morning within 30 minute of waking to help flush toxins from your liver.
2. Drink a minimum of 2 litres of filtered water and cleansing herbal teas such as fennel and nettle daily. This will help to keep your cells hydrated minimising the appearance of lumpy skin.
3. Cut out acidic foods like simple carbs, (bread and pasta), minimise alcohol and eliminate sugar. Fat cells inflate when you consume an acidic diet, which will only add to dull, dimply skin. Why not find out more about the huge benefits of an alkaline diet, too?
4. Eat as many different colourful fruit and veg as you can. You should aim for 7-9 portions daily to ensure you get a range of antioxidants in your diet, and chew your food properly in order to minimise bloating.
5. Make sure you exercise 3-4 times per week for around 30 minutes. Combine strength training, which improves the tone of muscle tissue with high intensity interval training which blasts calories and keeps your metabolism boosted.
6. Body brush every day before showering. Starting from your feet move upwards using sweeping circular motions towards your heart. This will help to give your lymphatic system a kick-start and drain away unwanted toxins.
7. Alternate between hot and cold in the shower to boost circulation. Go from three minutes of hot water followed by thirty seconds of ice cold water. Repeat three times.
8. After a gym workout, take advantage of the sauna and steam room to help sweat away out any nasties that have accumulated.
Try these clever anti-cellulite beauty buys to help jump-start your weight loss and anti-cellulite diet results.
Start your diet with the 7-day anti-cellulite diet meal plan.